The Ecologic Institute will be hosting a scientific conference on ‘Research for a Post-Carbon Future’, on 17 September 2014, in Berlin.
The “Research for a Post-Carbon Future” conference will focus on European societal transition. It will bring together applied and theoretical perspectives to discuss the topic, drawing from the state-of-the-art in socio-economic, technical, and environmental research. The conference will follow the following themes:
• Setting a course (The macro-level perspective: how post-carbon strategies are developed and how can scientific analysis best contribute)
• Barriers and Drivers in Society (Insights into structural, social, and cultural dimensions of the transition)
• Progress in the real world (Monitoring and measuring achievements and the role of science)
Confirmed speakers include
• Prof. Johannes Vogel, Ph.D, Director, Museum für Naturkunde Berlin
• Prof. Derk Loorbach, Director, Dutch Research Institute for Transitions (DRIFT), Erasmus University Rotterdam
• Michael Mehling, Executive Director, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEPR), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Attending the conference is free of charge. To register for this conference, please complete the online registration form by 27 August 2014.